"This web site does not supply ownership information."

Started by Richard, July 20, 2012, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

FF has (since upgrading to 14.0.1) removed my Favicons and instead replaced them with a small greyed-out globe which says "This web site does not supply ownership information.".

What does this mean, and how can I get my Favicons back?

A quick Google seems to imply that websites which display this message are more like to be involved in fraud :(

Thanks.

MK12_20MM

Looking at the url address bar  in FF, the globe is displayed on all sites and the favicon is displayed in the tab. That part of the bar is to illustrate certificate for ssl connections.

Does your favicon display in the tab?  Note Charlottez web favicon in the tab in the pic.

Richard

Yes, in the tab.  However, before the FF update, it also appeared in the URL bar.

Jason

Mine is the same way. 

All sites use the globe icon if they are not secured.  If you go to https version of the same url you'll see the lock icon instead of the globe.

The favicons only display in the open tabs, not in the address line.

Mark

To add to this, the latest versions of Chrome and Opera do the same thing. I think it's just the direction browsers are headed. As MK12_20MM said, it's easier to illustrate SSL vs non-SSL this way.

MK12_20MM

Quote from: Mark on July 20, 2012, 05:38:40 PM
To add to this, the latest versions of Chrome and Opera do the same thing. I think it's just the direction browsers are headed. As MK12_20MM said, it's easier to illustrate SSL vs non-SSL this way.

HA! HA!  You beat me..   I was just about to reply the same thing about the other browsers...   ;)   

MK12_20MM