Jan 28, 2008 :: Blizzard outage

Started by Jason, January 28, 2008, 01:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Blizzard was unreachable for approx the last 20-30 minutes.  The datacenter stated that:  "We are currently experiencing network issues with the switches your server is on. We are working on this as fast as we can and will have it resolved shortly."

At this time, I don't see it but Alertra reports it up (as do my techs) so there may be some locational issues still resolving.

Jason

Blizzard is still unreachable while they work on the switch(es).  They're actively working towards restoration.

Finner

I'm faster than alerta  :D

When Blizzard has a hick-up

I know it  :)

Jason has the best hosting going.... wrong DC choice imo

I would like 2 see a host in a eastern DC

and a clone of Cwebs

it has been unreachable 5 times last month...

please take no offence jay 

Jason

Spoke too soon.  Looks up now.

"There was a DOS attack hitting a server connected to the same switch as this server that was affecting the traffic through it.  This has been resolved now, let us know if you're still experiencing issues."

I'm inquiring further into this other server to see if this is a one-time or repeated event that they can better handle.

Jason

Quote from: Finner on January 28, 2008, 01:27:22 AM
I'm faster than alerta  :D

When Blizzard has a hick-up

I know it  :)

Jason has the best hosting going.... wrong DC choice imo

I would like 2 see a host in a eastern DC

and a clone of Cwebs

it has been unreachable 5 times last month...

please take no offence jay 

No offense taken :)

I think you're online more than me!  ;)

But to be honest, this was a world-wide outage.  Your repeated slowness issues are unfortunately more location-based.  I wish I had a better answer but give or take a few recent issues that have impacted everyone, I think their service is pretty top-notch.

Finner

I will always host my main site here..

Jason is the best......

Gnax has sucked the last few weeks/months ...

Maybe a server not in hot-lanta

Jason

Quote from: Finner on January 28, 2008, 01:59:03 AM
Maybe a server not in hot-lanta

Certainly an option to consider although, depending on what carriers an ISP prioritizes you could face the same route to a completely different state. 

I'm going to keep fighting for you with this pccwbtn routing issue to whatever degree I can.  At the end of the day, it's pretty hard to impact the routing your ISP selects when you connect here.  Have you spoken with Verizon by chance?