I suggest..

Started by bitwiz44, January 29, 2005, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitwiz44

I would like to see this server have all the necessary 'Stuff" needed to make the smf MODS work.
Example.. PIE Chart mod. It needs 'Stuff" on the server to work.

and... A spell check DB that is LOCAL to my board where I can ADD words to the DB that is used in my forum.  :)

Jason

Do you have a link to that mod topic on SMF so I can see what's needed?

The spell check db is a nice idea.  That sounds like a mod someone at SMF might be able to write.  It would somehow have to "interact" with the language dictionaries used by pspell/aspell on the server.  Right now those files are global to the server.  I wonder if a mod could be written to store some entries in your own smf db while using the master language files on the server as well.  Might be worth requesting over there.

Regards,
Jason

bitwiz44

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6782.0

Honestly, I could never get it to work. In the thread, they mention the server 'Stuff".

Jason

I've tracked that thread since you posted it and noticed that nobody has responded to your question yet over there regarding the latest release.  Do you still want to install this mod?  If so, let me know and I'll doublecheck what's needed to have this running for you if it's still supported there.

Regards,
Jason

restino

they do have spell check for smf now with 1.1 rc2 right?

will this work on your servers?

also, does all the smf mods work now too? im assuming that means any smf feature possible.

thanks!

Jason

Quote from: restino on February 17, 2006, 10:50:24 PM
they do have spell check for smf now with 1.1 rc2 right?

will this work on your servers?

also, does all the smf mods work now too? im assuming that means any smf feature possible.

thanks!

Yes, the spellcheck has been standard for awhile and will work on all servers.

As for whether "all mods work" -- I don't know how to verify that.  I can't say 100% because someone could write something that uses a weird plugin, but if so, we can add it if users want it and I determine it to be safe and efficient to do in our environment.  I'm always willing to consider non-standard server software upgrades but ultimately I'm going to approve or turn them down after considering how they could impact all users.

As of now, I'm not aware of any mods that you couldn't run here.

restino

ok thanks! makes sense to me and sounds good!