Billing -- How does the system handle notifications, invoices, suspension, etc?

Started by Jason, April 13, 2014, 02:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

As I get questions from time to time, here's how our billing system is setup to notify and invoice you based on product:

I have altered the domain-related schedule today to make it more logical -- it was previously invoicing 15 days before expiry which didn't leave enough time for some customers to arrange payment.

Domains:

• You will receive a notice of an upcoming domain expiration 60 days in advance
  • You will receive a second notice of an upcoming domain expiration 45 days in advance
  • You will receive an INVOICE for an upcoming domain expiration 30 days in advance
  • You will receive a final notice upcoming domain expiration 15 days in advance

Note:  You can wait until the invoice or if you'd like to pay in advance, you can order the renewal manually in your Client Area.  You can also order for multiple years -- for example, if you'd like to pay for the next 3 years at once, that can be done.  Contact us if you have questions.

Hosting:

• If you are on a Monthly billing cycle, you will receive an invoice notice 5 days before it's due.
  • If you are on a Quarterly billing cycle, you will receive an invoice notice 15 days before it's due.
  • If you are on an Annual billing cycle, you will receive an invoice notice 30 days before it's due.

Hosting Notifications:

• You will receive the invoices per the schedule above.
  • You will receive a notice 10 days after the "Due Date" as a reminder.
  • You will receive a notice 20 days after the "Due Date" as a reminder.
  • You will receive a notice 25 days after the "Due Date" as a reminder.
  • You will receive a suspension notice 30 days after the "Due Date" if the account suspends.

What happens if the hosting isn't paid by the due date?

• Nothing happens for the first 30 days.
  • The billing system will automatically suspend your account once the "Due Date" reaches 30 days overdue.
  • The billing system will then terminate an account once the "Due Date" reaches 45 days overdue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks!