Main Menu

Joomla

Started by dania, January 02, 2013, 06:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dania

Hi Jason,

Happy new Year.

I'm going to have a change and look at Joomla. It seems its 2.5 on Joomla at their site and its 1.5.23 in cpanel, its probably that Fantastico has'nt upgraded the software yet.

Would you dl the latest and upgrade me? My upgrades and my installs never work... >:(

Let me know the charge.
Thanks!
D
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

Yes, it appears Fantastico isn't maintaining a current version.  There's a 3.x version out now.

I wouldn't rely on Fantastico for Joomla because Joomla tends to release security fixes sometimes as often as twice a month as people find vulnerabilities.

You can get an idea by looking down this board where I post all the security alerts I receive from them:

http://www.charlottezweb.com/forums/index.php?board=22.0

What version are you currently running? If you have a 1.x version, it might be a bit tricky to go from a very old version to the latest. 

(Feel free to email me or open a ticket if you'd prefer to talk off the forum)

Thanks,
Jason

dania

Thanks Jason,

Fantastico used to be up to date but lately not so much.

No Joomla at the moment not having quite decided to install, still thinking.

:)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

Quote from: dania on January 02, 2013, 11:10:42 AM
Fantastico used to be up to date but lately not so much.

I agree. 

There are some similar products that tend to have the market these days.  There's one I've looked into on occasion and may be adding if it makes business sense.   

dania

Jason

One of them that comes to mind is Softaculous:

http://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/

Cheers,
Jason

dania

Yes Jason,

Is a good one, are you getting it. It comes with loads of scripts.

;D

Jason

Quote from: dania on March 04, 2013, 12:49:57 PM
Is a good one, are you getting it. It comes with loads of scripts.

I'm strongly considering it.  I'll probably make a decision within the next day or two.

Jason

There's a surprise in your cPanel.  :)

It's only on Avalanche as of now but I'll be expanding that over the next week.