Started by itsjustme, November 29, 2005, 07:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsjustme

sounds good.

I'll check in with you later.

Dave

itsjustme

Ok, I set up account.

I'll wait for the info email and get started with moving everything over.  It will be a slow day, so if we miss a few posts it wont be a problem.

I'll move all the folders over, then download the database, then upload that.  The data base is 60 + megs. 

168000 posts and a whole bunch of attachments.   Woo Hoo!

Dave

Jason

Account info is on its way :)

Thanks again!

itsjustme

Ok,

Started up load...wifey happy.

Let me know if you do  or do not have the email in question, I'm sure I have it somewhere.

We will do this carefully, it will be 1 to 2 hours for the upload stuff.  I think I remember how to do all the database stuff...I think my main problem before was with the database username and password.

Dave (glad to be moving the big one over!)

Jason

I sent you a pm with the email stuff.  Let me know if you want me to have that setup...

1-2 hrs works for me.  I'm going to do a little yardwork but I should be done by then :)

itsjustme

the upload is going slower than I thought but is proceeding. I have set up a database.

Dave

Jason

Quote from: itsjustme on March 25, 2006, 05:25:51 PM
the upload is going slower than I thought but is proceeding. I have set up a database.

Dave

Is it slowing down near the end?  Burstable speeds will do that sometimes.

Your mail settings are in place.

Once I restore the db (if you need my help) you can pull the trigger.   :)

itsjustme

I'm using filezilla, usually pretty reliable for me.

it kept disconnecting, so i am using one connection instead of multiple conncections.

I am thinking it's going to be kind of late before everything is uploaded.

What will you need to restore the database?

itsjustme

also, when I do the dns, I only change to the nameservers given in the email?  Another words, I don't have to do anything additional for the email?

Dave

Jason

Quote from: itsjustme on March 25, 2006, 06:59:41 PM
also, when I do the dns, I only change to the nameservers given in the email?  Another words, I don't have to do anything additional for the email?

Dave

You shouldn't.  Your new server here will just route your email back to godaddy where you're hosting it.  Just set your nameservers as if you were hosting the whole thing here.

As for the db, I will need to know the db name, db username and db pass and also where you uploaded your dump of it.  In fact, you can let me know that as soon as it's uploaded (regardless of the rest of your files) and I can restore that as soon as you have it on the server.

itsjustme

It looks like it will be at least 2 or 3 more hours to upload all.   I'll check and see if you are around before I upload the db, that way i will lose as little as possible.

Otherwise, are you usually around on Sunday?

Dave

Jason

Quote from: itsjustme on March 25, 2006, 07:16:50 PM
It looks like it will be at least 2 or 3 more hours to upload all.   I'll check and see if you are around before I upload the db, that way i will lose as little as possible.

Otherwise, are you usually around on Sunday?

Dave

Typically yes.  I should be around for most of tomorrow.  Shoot me an email of when you want to do it.  If you can dump the db in a publically accessible spot on your existing server, I can wget it and save us both a lot of time.

itsjustme

What are you doing up?

The forum is uploaded.  All I have to do is download the backup and upload it.  Unless you have a way to get it from the website directly to the the database....

Dave

Jason

Quote from: itsjustme on March 25, 2006, 11:37:33 PM
What are you doing up?

The forum is uploaded.  All I have to do is download the backup and upload it.  Unless you have a way to get it from the website directly to the the database....

Dave

If you can dump the db directly into your public webspace, (don't post the path!), I can wget it directly from your server to mine in the blink of an eye...

We can coordinate that tomorrow if that's when you want to do it.