Smf slow loading

Started by itsjustme, December 02, 2005, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsjustme

Hi,

I am working on this site:

http://wannafindit.com

when you go to the forum, stores and hot deals loads real slow.  sometimes 22 seconds and more. 

I posted at the smf forums, and so far no luck.

Any ideas where to start?

Dave

Jason

Hi Dave,

Per the followup email you sent, the server settings may definitely be the issue here.  You definitely don't want to have godaddy servers set anywhere in your SMF install.

Also, from the screenshot you sent, your smf database connection settings are wrong.  Your database username has to be in the format of accountusername_dbusername.

I will reply back to your email as well.

Regards,
Jason

Jason

While I'm thinking about it...is your forum not locked on your old host?  If not, you may have been posting back on that old database this whole time.

itsjustme

Quote from: Jason on December 02, 2005, 10:08:36 AM
While I'm thinking about it...is your forum not locked on your old host?  If not, you may have been posting back on that old database this whole time.

that happened when i re ran repair_settings, yesterday.

QuoteAlso, from the screenshot you sent, your smf database connection settings are wrong.  Your database username has to be in the format of accountusername_dbusername.

Ok, but the fourm works well except for those two threads.  But I will go back and make sure that it is locked at godaddy.

Dave

itsjustme

I deleted the database at nogodaddy.  No going back Now!

Jason

Quote from: itsjustme on December 02, 2005, 10:31:10 AM
I deleted the database at nogodaddy.  No going back Now!

Well, that's one way of ruling that out!  :)

Did you back it up locally again just in case?  If not, you may have lost posts made since you moved your site two nights back.

itsjustme

All posts are there.

I changed the settings on the edit settings page, and it crashed the board.

I redid repair_settings and the only way I get the board to work is with the settings I sent you.

very strange.

Again, the other boards on that forum work.  SSI's work.  Fast, too.  Most of the home page is ssi.

the only time I was connecting with the old server was when I ran the repair_settings, yesterday.

Jason

Can you create and email me an admin user acct for your forum?

I don't have ftp where I am so I might need to wait until tonight to check a few files manually, but that setting you sent me in the screenshot should not be working on your Charlottezweb account. 

itsjustme

I am just thinking out loud here...

i do not think I lost any posts to the other server, when I used repair settings and did not catch the go daddy server thing.

it appears all my posts are intact.

However, if I am wrong, could the db be messed up because it is looking for posts that are somehow not in the board? 

Because, the other three boards on the forum have not had any posts in it since the move...

and they load fast as lightning

Jason

Well, I can't rule that out.  But I ran "Recount all forum totals and statistics" in your admin which I think would repair that.  Maybe not though, so that may be something to pursue.

I added to your post on SMF's forum so we'll see if we get any more replies there as well...

itsjustme

per that last post in smf forums, I

went to phpmyadmin
selected the database
selected structure
checked all
with the "with selected" check box I selected repair, then check, then optimize

Dave

Jason

That's correct.  I ran it within your admin panel earlier as well, so we definitely have that covered.

Jason

If we don't get anything concrete back from there today, let's upgrade your forum to the latest release (1.1 RC 1). That would rule out any special character incompatabilities with the version of php we're on if that's even an issue.  Not to mention, that tends to solve all sorts of problems from time to time :)

itsjustme

I was gone for an hour.

I upgraded the other forum, and we have had a lot of problems ie..time outs, unread posts not working....so I was kind of waiting until the next rc.  But if you think that's the problem, we should do it then.

Dave