Smf slow loading

Started by itsjustme, December 02, 2005, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Mark

oh ok... FYI, you uploaded the Reminder.php from version 1.0, you need to upload the newest one ;)

itsjustme

ok, got it....reminder.php done

I wiped index.template off for a second...that's what the is that you or me was about..

itsjustme

wow that is interesting...

you post...the "new" icon comes up , but the post is not not showing under last post, nor is there a post when I check the thread

Mark

OK, it's fast now... at least the Hot Deals board :)

What's going on is, for some reason the HTML you where using in your posts was slowing it down, so I switched it all the BBC code, and it's blazin fast now :)

Quote from: itsjustme on December 02, 2005, 06:33:50 PM
wow that is interesting...

you post...the "new" icon comes up , but the post is not not showing under last post, nor is there a post when I check the thread

That's me, I'm editing your posts to see something, and it was indeed what I thought it was :D

itsjustme

ok, I struggled (mentally) with changing the code too much, because they all say you have to post it as is.

But man, that is fast.

Thanks.

Mark

hehe yes! Unfortunatly though, I only did the 1st page, so the rest of the pages on the board are going to be slow, so you can either delete the topics (if you don't need them) or go in and change all the HTML to BBC yourself. And you'll have to fix the Stores board too, I didn't have time to switch those.

itsjustme

Thanks again.  I can change them up.  We use it that way in the other forum,  I just tried it this way, and it was working ok (when there was only one or two post) so I just kept going.

Very cool.  Very Happy!

Dave

Mark

itsjustme

wifey says you can learn a lot from a Llama herder

Mark