AtlantaNAP in the news...

Started by Jason, October 30, 2008, 10:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Our datacenter (AtlantaNAP) was in the WHIR news today...  cool stuff:

http://www.thewhir.com/marketwatch/102908_AtlantaNAP_Doubles_Cooling_Capacity.cfm

QuoteAtlantaNAP Doubles Cooling Capacity

By David Hamilton, theWHIR.com

October 29, 2008 -- (WEB HOST INDUSTRY REVIEW) -- Atlanta colocation facility AtlantaNAP (www.atlantanap.com) has doubled its cooling capacity from 1,000 tons to 2,000 tons with the addition of two new cooling towers, preparing it for its final phase of Tier 2 and 3 construction that will add 22,500 sq.ft of floor space.

According to AtlantaNAP's Wednesday announcement, the redundancy of the cooling infrastructure was also further improved with the addition of power feeds to the fan and pump motors. With this new increase in cooling, AtlantaNAP is running at its full capacity and will be able to begin the final phase of construction of its Tier 3 enterprise data center expansion and Tier 2, non-raised floor expansion, adding 13,500 sq.ft of raised floor and 9,000 sq.ft of non-raised floor space.

Having increased its cooling capacity, AtlantaNAP can now expand its Tier 2 and 3 colocation space.

Built by Global Net Access (www.gnax.net), AtlantaNAP describes its facilities as having the "features of a carrier class facility without the high costs." Having officially opened in May, AtlantaNAP's data center features 36 inch raised floors, high density power capability and hot air containment. It recently completed a 12,500 sq.ft, raised floor expansion of its Tier 3 space in July. AtlantaNAP provides cage colocation, cabinet colocation and full rack colocation.

By the way, not sure if I mentioned this here yet (maybe I did?) but I visited the dc the first weekend of this month.   Cool stuff.  I have some pictures and info I hope to incorporate into the site next time I sit down to do some updates.