Getting a security certificate error when logging into cPanel?

Started by Jason, January 20, 2009, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

Jason

Quote from: Pam on March 08, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
I do not get the popup for Blackice.charlottezweb.com in step 14.

But that is the URL in step 5?

Correct.  You add it to your trusted sites in step 5.  Then you go back and install the cert making sure to install it to the specific location they tell you.  Then you go back to the trusted sites where you were in step 5 and remove it.

You add it to the trusted sites so that your browser will let you install the cert, then you go back and remove it from the trusted sites as that's no longer needed with the cert installed.

Pam

Quote from: Jason on March 08, 2014, 09:52:49 PM

Correct.  You add it to your trusted sites in step 5.  Then you go back and install the cert making sure to install it to the specific location they tell you.  Then you go back to the trusted sites where you were in step 5 and remove it.

You add it to the trusted sites so that your browser will let you install the cert, then you go back and remove it from the trusted sites as that's no longer needed with the cert installed.

Yes I add in step 5.   I install the cert as specified in the instructions and then I remove it from trusted sites.

I don't think rebooting will solve the problem but I'm going to reboot and try once again.   

Pam

J ~

I finally got the cert installed.

At step12, I selected "Show Physical Stores" under ""Trusted Root Certification Authorities", I selected "computer" and then finished the remainder of the steps and it worked . . . at last. :-\

BTW . . . cert expires in 1 week :D

I do appreciate your help. 8)

Jason

Quote from: Pam on March 08, 2014, 10:13:04 PM
J ~

I finally got the cert installed.

At step12, I selected "Show Physical Stores" under ""Trusted Root Certification Authorities", I selected "computer" and then finished the remainder of the steps and it worked . . . at last. :-\

BTW . . . cert expires in 1 week :D

Glad to hear it's sorted! 

Don't kill me but I didn't realize the cert was that close to expiring.  I'll need to reset it in the next day or two so you'll have to go through that again if you want to save it locally.  :(

Pam

Jason

Quote from: Pam on March 09, 2014, 10:33:01 AM
No problem J on the reset. :)

I appreciate your understanding.  That would've been helpful if I noticed the dates when I was testing last night.  :)

I've reset all the certs for another year on Blackice as of a few minutes ago.

Regards,
Jason