Main Menu

Need help

Started by Garrett, September 27, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett

I'm working on a website for my business and I need help.

I know I'm opening up a business where I make websites, and it's strange that I'm asking this. But it's been a while since I've made a website.

My problem is, is that I want to position two box models right next to each other. I am trying to do this by doing this below:

div.text1
{
width:800px;
padding: 2px;
border: 0px;
margin: 5px;
position:absolute;
left:260px;
}

Without positioning it would look like this:

div.text1
{
width:800px;
border: 0px;
}

Whenever I preview the site without the positioning, everything looks fine. My navigation box is on top, but I want it to be side by side with the text box.

Here's the CSS for the navigation box.

div.nav1
{
width:250px;
border: 4px solid black;
}

But once I add the positioning to the "text1" box model, it starts acting up. Both of the box models are located in one big box model that contains pretty much the entire site. Without positioning, the "text1" box model will stay in the main box mondel (known as "tbb1") But as soon as I add positioning, text1 will go on the outside of tbb1.

The first attachment is without positioning on text1. The second attached image is with positioning on text1.

I'm sorry but I need help. It is about to drive me crazy!

Thanks!
Owner and Operator, Garrett's Websites

Jason

Is this a Charlottezweb site?

Can you post a link to the page in question?

Thanks,
Jason

Garrett

Jason, I'm sorry, but this site is not online. I'm working on it on my computer (meaning nobody but me can view it) and when it is finished it will be uploaded to CharlottezWeb. Right now this site is in a concept stage, it's just getting laid out.

But I have used your products before (twice.)
Owner and Operator, Garrett's Websites

Jason

See if this helps:

http://csseasy.com/

You click on the picture of whatever layout you want and then you can view source for the css/code.

From your examples, I think you'd be looking at example 3 (for either fixed for fluid).

Cheers,
Jason