Any wooters in the crowd?

Started by Jason, December 09, 2008, 09:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I got addicted to Woot.com -- probably about 6-8 months ago -- and I don't know if I've missed more than 5-10 days since then.

Am I alone?

There's a woot-off in full effect for those of you who are interested.  :D

Mark

What is that? I'm off to California with no computer so I can't see that website.

Jason

Basically they sell 1 product per day at generally cheap prices.  The items are either new or refurbished.  They also sell a different tshirt each day and some sort of wine deal.  Don't ask me what the 3 have in common.

But typically once a month they have a woot-off where they offer one product after the other at even more reduced prices with random stuff mixed in and it's first come first serve.  They have some sort of java progress bar that counts down how much of the item is left and when it's sold out, a new item replaces it within about a minute.  You can tell from the chats that easily hundreds/thousands of people hit refresh all day long when they do those.  There's one going on now and they usually last about 2 days.  You never know what's next so it's a game almost.  Some people stay on the site almost the full time when they do woot-off's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot

Mark

Lol interesting. Gonna have to check it out when I get back.

Finner

2nd time I have heard of it

I guess I will look into it

Jason

The woot-off is still going strong in its 3rd day. I haven't witnessed one like that in awhile. Good stuff!

Finner

I bought today's woot

You ordered 1 Pentax Optio A40 12MP Digital Camera 3X Opt. Zoom, Face

124$

Jason

I bought two of the picture frames from yesterday :D

dania

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Finner

Jason

Quote from: Finner on February 18, 2009, 06:05:01 PM
woot-off going on 

Yep!  Been watching off and on today.  Always a great time of the month!  :D

Finner

Jason

Been watching off an on since this afternoon.  Nothing super amazing yet that I've witnessed though I've seen some things sell out faster than usual.

Jason

Jason