Want To Learn More About Website Design and Development?

Started by Mark, January 29, 2013, 04:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Hello everyone. I've recently come across a new website that offers in depth classes on various aspects of web design and development, as well as application development. The structure of the courses is unlike anything I've used before and it's really helping me learn new things about what I already know (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) as well helping me learn that which I do not know a lot about. This website is called Treehouse.

Basically, the way it works is, you choose a "Learning Adventure" and just progress your way through it and learn everything you need to know! Right now I'm working my way through "Become a Web Designer" and it's giving me a refresher on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Then, I'll move on to "Become a PHP Developer" so that I can actually learn PHP beyond just writing themes for software like SMF and WordPress.

So check it out! - https://teamtreehouse.com/

(EDIT: Removed the referral link I had, I learned all I needed to learn to hit the ground running, so I've moved on. :))

Jason

Very cool. 

Pricing isn't bad either considering what you'd have to spend for more formalized options out there.  Wouldn't be a bad investment for a few months if the time cleared up.  ;)

Mark

That's pretty much how I'm going about it. Just learning what I need and moving on. I figure, for what I want to learn, books alone would probably cost a couple hundred dollars. This route, I can hit the ground running then have the Internet as a reference. :)