Affiliate / Referral System Launched -- August 5, 2007

Started by Jason, August 05, 2007, 03:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I have activated the Affiliate / Referral Program within our new billing/support system.

What does this mean?
Essentially, you can now "refer" your friends, family, etc. to Charlottezweb and you will make a commission off their purchases. 

How do I signup? 
Simply go to the Affiliates page off of our new public client area and activate it on your account.  http://www.charlottezweb.com/clients/affiliates.php

What can I earn?
1.  Hosting Packages:
Affiliates will earn 10% of their referral's monthly hosting dues for as long as that account is active.

For example, say you refer "Joe" to Charlottezweb and he purchases a monthly Premium package for $15.  You would earn $1.50 each month Joe keeps his account open with Charlottezweb.  This would come out to $18 over the course of a year.

2.  New! eCommerce Items:

IP Address ($20/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $5 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

SSL Certificate -- SBS Instant  ($30/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $5 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

SSL Certificate -- SBS Secure  ($100/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $10 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

SSL Certificate -- GeoTrust QuickSSL  ($100/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $10 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

SSL Certificate -- GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium  ($125/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $12 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

SSL Certificate -- GeoTrust True BusinessID  ($150/year cost)
Affiliate payout, $20 payout for each yearly purchase/renewal

How do I get paid?
You can track your credits in your client area.  When you get above a minimum payout value (presently $5), you can submit a request to be paid out.  I would GREATLY prefer to do this via paypal.  If you need a check instead, I'd prefer to payout at a minimum of $10.  Alternatively, I can apply your balance as a credit towards your current account(s).

So how do I refer people?
1.  When you activate your account (instructions above), it will tell you your own, unique Referral Link.  You can supply this to people or you can put it as a link on your website, emails, etc.

2.  You can place an ad on your current site that links visitors to Charlottezweb using your affiliate number.  That will place a cookie on their browser and if they purchase anytime thereafter (before the cookie is removed), you will get that credit.  When you activate your account on the affiliates page, it will provide you the code and images you need. 

The affiliate system is active as of today and can be used on all new services ordered starting today. 
It will not apply to past purchases/referrals at this time.  It also does not apply to domains yet though I suspect it ultimately will include that functionality.

In the event that someone signs up based on your referral and they are not immediately flagged as being your referral, please contact support to have that adjusted. 

Thank you for your patience in waiting for this program.  If you have suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear them!

Regards,
Jason

Jason

By request, here are some other (older) banners that can be rotated in.  I think I'm going to create (or have created) some new ones.   8)

468x60

468x60

468x60

may 2005

468x60

adjusted to be less dark

120x60

88x31

88x27

54x20