March 3, 2015 :: Scheduled datacenter maintenance; Multiple Servers [Rescheduled

Started by Jason, February 28, 2015, 04:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

---------
Update:  The datacenter postponed this maintenance to occur overnight tonight.  I will post their update below:

QuoteDue to time constraints experienced during last night's US Central Zone A maintenance, we will be continuing our parent server reboots on Tuesday, March 3rd, between 2AM and 7AM (EST). We apologize in advance for the short notice and any inconvenience it  may cause. Due to the importance of this maintenance, we cannot delay it any further, however we are confident that it will be fully completed at the conclusion of this maintenance window.
---------

Priority - Medium

This post is to notify everyone of datacenter maintenance scheduled to occur this coming Monday, March 2 Tuesday, March 3, 2015 for the following servers:

Avalanche
Blackice
Deluge
Heatwave
Sandstorm
Thundersnow
Wildfire

The maintenance window is scheduled to occur between 2am and 7am Eastern (New York timezone).

It's anticipated that each server should experience downtime in the range of 5-15 minutes but it could potentially take longer.

Here is the issue description from the datacenter:

An issue has recently been discovered that may cause complications for all servers running the Xen hypervisor, worldwide. Xen is utilized on all customer servers in US Central Zone A. Due to the severity of this issue, we will be performing maintenance on all customer servers in US Central Zone A between 2:00AM and 7:00AM EST, on March 2nd, 2015. This maintenance will be service affecting, however the downtime for each affected server should be limited to the amount of time required for the parent server to reboot and the hypervisor to bring all customer servers back online. This is generally completed within 5-15 minutes.

I will be sending an email notification to all customers on the impacted servers within the next 15 minutes directing them to this posting. I will update this thread once the maintenance is complete or if there are any changes.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post them here.

Thank you!

Regards,
Jason

-----------
edit: marking post "resolved"
-----------

Jason

An emailed notification has just been sent from our Billing/Support system to all customers on the servers listed above.

Thank you,
Jason

aura

Thankyou for letting us know Jason, great service as always  :)

Elements of Design - A Graphics Community, join us at elements-of-design.org

Jason

---------
Update:  The datacenter postponed this maintenance today.  I will update this thread once I learn more.
---------

Jason

---------
Update:  The datacenter postponed this maintenance to occur overnight tonight.  I will post their update below:

QuoteDue to time constraints experienced during last night's US Central Zone A maintenance, we will be continuing our parent server reboots on Tuesday, March 3rd, between 2AM and 7AM (EST). We apologize in advance for the short notice and any inconvenience it  may cause. Due to the importance of this maintenance, we cannot delay it any further, however we are confident that it will be fully completed at the conclusion of this maintenance window.
---------

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Jason

Jason

This maintenance was completed to schedule this morning.

Most servers experienced a reported downtime between 4-6 minutes with one that took 18.  You can view information for your server on our Pingdom uptime page if you'd like:

http://uptime.charlottezweb.com

Thank you,
Jason