Main Menu

phpni

Started by dania, July 24, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dania

Jason, the php.ini file is not working,

I did try going from 124m to 164 but it made no difference.

I got a little help from a list I am on but to no avail.

If a file could be uploaded one day and not the next, running out of memory could definitely be a factor. Just insert this
     <?php phpinfo() ?> in a visible part of a page. You'll need to do that with the theme editor, you can't just put it in the post, because WP will escape and echo the code rather than parsing it.

Put it in page.php immediately after this line:
     <div class="post-content">

But that never worked either. This is the second site where it works ok for weeks then suddenly an error.

An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

And it never works again.

Have you any solution Jason?
Thanks!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

Quote from: dania on July 24, 2013, 01:46:57 PM
Jason, the php.ini file is not working,

I did try going from 124m to 164 but it made no difference.

Is this for a wordpress site?  164mb is a ton of memory.  I'd be a bit concerned if that was needed.

Can you paste the memory error you're getting?  It should state in the error how much memory is allowed.  That will tell us if the php.ini file is working.

I got a little help from a list I am on but to no avail.

If a file could be uploaded one day and not the next, running out of memory could definitely be a factor. Just insert this
     <?php phpinfo() ?> in a visible part of a page. You'll need to do that with the theme editor, you can't just put it in the post, because WP will escape and echo the code rather than parsing it.

Put it in page.php immediately after this line:
     <div class="post-content">

But that never worked either. This is the second site where it works ok for weeks then suddenly an error.

That looks to be instructions to create a phpinfo file.  That would allow you to see what amounts of memory the site is currently having access to.  You can do that by just creating a file with just this line:   <?php phpinfo(); ?> 

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=479.0

Can you send me steps and login info (via ticket or email) so I can try to recreate this?

Does your php.ini file have a line like this:

memory_limit = 124M

dania

This is whats in the file you gave Jason,

memory_limit = 128m i hav'nt changed anything only tried the 164m but because it never worked I put it back to 128m.

Yes its for Wordpress, I already have another site that will not allow me to use the media uploader...Wordpress again.

QuoteError (.jpg)  An error occurred in the  upload. Please try again later.

The above is the error when I try to use media, it does'nt tell me anything else.

QuoteThat looks to be instructions to create a phpinfo file.  That would allow you to see what amounts of memory the site is currently having access to.  You can do that by just creating a file with just this line: 

<?php phpinfo(); ?> 

Your both saying the same thing. It does not work, nothing changes. I can't even makee the Images smaller thats in the posts because then I will have none as they will not upload.

I think your asking for details to the backend of my Wordpress..I'll pm you a way in.

You make a post then click 'media' to insert an Image.

Error mannekenpisbrussels.gif An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

I'm not sure what's going on -- I was just able to upload two large images without an error.  I think the image you uploaded earlier also worked as I see it there. Wordpress says it was uploaded 41 minutes ago.

Is there a different way for me to recreate this?

dania

Jason,

Edited; I too have seen them, even my new one this morning. Now what reason can it be they refuse to attach to my posts. It means I will have the hassle of staying logged into cpanel.

Error alanbryantlrg.jpg An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

How can something thats worked for weeks suddenly stop working, not just on one WP but two. the problem Its either in cpanel. or WP at upgrade version.

Jason

Quote from: dania on July 25, 2013, 03:17:42 AM
Edited; I too have seen them, even my new one this morning. Now what reason can it be they refuse to attach to my posts. It means I will have the hassle of staying logged into cpanel.

How can something thats worked for weeks suddenly stop working, not just on one WP but two. the problem Its either in cpanel. or WP at upgrade version.

I see one oddity now.  If I go to the Media page, I can upload images and I can see all your images.

However, if I'm in a Page or Post and click the button to add/insert media, it won't show any of your images.  Something is clearly not right there.

If I go to the media page and view an image and grab its URL, I can manually add it into a post and once it's there I can resize, move, etc.  So manually it's working but something isn't working with the popup insert/add media option within posts.  (You can test it on the image uploader post you made)

I deactivated your plugins and changed your theme to try to narrow things down and it still is behaving the same.

I'm running a conference today but I'll see if I can have one of our techs take a look in case it's logging any errors.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

dania

Thanks Jason,

Like I said my  MIllie site (mine) went the same way, no image can be uploaded via the media.

I can carry on loading by url and hope someone has the answer but really  Matt should be finding a solution its his creation. No reply yet to my 'high priority' email to him.

I did try a few themes but I don't think the problem is themes somehow.

QuoteHowever, if I'm in a Page or Post and click the button to add/insert media, it won't show any of your images.  Something is clearly not right there.

Thats it, thats the problem Jason. I have been to Wordpress help site before posting this that problem with media was closed five years ago..

Thanks Jason.

Jason

Did this all start when you upgraded WP recently?  If so, do you know what day it was?

One of our techs tried a bunch of stuff last night and wasn't able to resolve.  He's leaning toward it being a WP issue vs. a server one.  I think what I'll want to do next is find another WP install on the server (or install a fresh one on a different account) and see if it faces the same problem.   

Here's what he did if you're curious:

Unfortunately this error does not seem to be related to server. I have tested this by checking different settings on server. Logs are not showing any errors. Following are the tests that I performed.

1. Checked php as well Apache error logs, but there are no errors.
2. Tried setting the memory limit for all the folders and subfolders as sometimes setting the memory limit in "public_html" will not affect the sub-folders.
3. Verified the permissions and ownership for uploads directory and its fine.
4. Tried the fix as mentioned at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-insert-images-in-wp-version-35 by "JoseVega" (Adding define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); in wp-config.php file just before require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php'); ). This is not working in our case.
5. Tried disabling the suhosin module on server because normally this module limit the script activities.

I have researched about this error and could see that this is a common error in wordpress 3.5.x versions. Did she upgrade wordpress recently?

While going through similar issues, I can see that there is not a particular fix for this error. Some are able to fix the error by switching to default theme, some by disabling plugins and some others by reinstalling wordpress.

I just tested this on another one of my sites running the latest version of WP and it worked fine.  It was on a different server though.

I think our next step should be to try installing WP from scratch on a test account on your same server to see if it works.  If it does, that would seem to narrow it down to some sort of code conflict likely caused by the lastest WP update.  That's just a guess at this point.  If that's the case, we could try overwritting your WP files with a fresh install from their site.

I'll try the test WP install today to see what happens.

Jason

I did a brand new WP install using Softaculous in cPanel on another account on this same server and the upload works perfectly.

I don't know what happened but it appears the problem is with your WP installs -- maybe something corrupted during an upgrade. 

Do you want me to backup and then overwrite your current WP install with new files and see if that resolves it?

-Jason

dania

Hi Jason,

What I can 'try' is a brand new Install (test) for a gallery type Wordpress.

If it asks for me to upgrade I won't. If all media is loading from a new file ok I will  give it time to settle (maybe a week) and upgrade if it asks.Then we'll see if its the upgrade or not.

I can of course still have Images but from the cpanel which is a bit of a drag to be honest.

Also discovered today is when we have made a post then said its maybe Weather related it does'nt add weather. It then goes to 'uncatagorised', you post and then when you look its added weather but not ticked it in the side panel.

Yes the uploading is great, not ever a problem. How many will corrupt Jason. I now have two sites, both Wordpress, both broken. We will stick to what we said, I will do a test site.

I need to clean my cpanel so at some stage I will ask you to get rid of certain files, I know there is at least one extra public_html and a public_html back..whats that for, can it go?

It looks like a mirror of public_html.

Kata quota, if its mail when I look at mail its all spam, all of it and not easy to remove as I re-call. No mail is going through katecorner because all installs are under my porimary.

I have my bichonstar (domain) in cpanel and under that is kynismar miss millie install...also the below is within the directory.

cgi-bin    4 KB    
images    4 KB    
kynismarmissmillie    4 KB    
.ftpquota    14 bytes    
.htaccess    85 bytes    

So a few files that may be able to be cleaned up. I am when time allows going to put all my cpanel images under one main with my named directories within.

But the problems in Wordpress I  give up Jason. :D

Thanks to all who became involved in this problem including you Jason because I know you work your socks off for your clents..at least now we know for certain its not just me.

Thanks!

Jason

It may be as easy as just backing up your WP first (just in case) and then overwriting the files for it with clean ones from a WP install package.

If you need help, let me know.

Thanks!  :)

dania

dania

Well this week I created a new Wordpress,

Guess what Jason?

Our friend is back

QuoteAn error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.
...argeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Brand new Install, on thirteen theme, and one week old.

Jason

Quote from: dania on August 16, 2013, 06:54:00 AM
Brand new Install, on thirteen theme, and one week old.

Did it work originally when you installed it and then it just stopped -- all within one week?

dania

Oh Jason, I finally opted to post at Wordpress.org,

People followed me with the same problem, they got in trouble for posting the SAME problem in my post...blutty unbelivable.

Samuel Wood (Otto) wrote:

Yes, but it's the SAME issue!

No, it's the same symptom. Any one of a number of possible issues could cause the same results.
Having many people post contradicting information just because the end results are the same makes it much harder to solve each of their problems.

@julienne:

The message "An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later." is the default error message for an undefined upload error. It tries to check for things like zero byte files and size limits and invalid filetypes, but in the end, it can't check for all possible reasons, and sometimes the server doesn't even return a reason.

Try to figure out what is special about these uploads. Can you upload small files, for example? ZIP files? Does it only fail on large images (not large in filesize, but large in dimensions)? If it "used to work" and nothing changed, then it still must work. So either something changed, or something is different about what you're uploading, or something else.

But regardless, a generic error message isn't enough information to go on to help you solve the problem.

Also, I'm sorry, but "Hosting has nothing to do with whats been happening to some sites since last year." is completely incorrect. Hosting has *everything* to do with file uploads. Every host, every server, every configuration is unique. Ultimately, WordPress doesn't actually do any part of the "uploading". The webserver and the browser do the uploading, and WordPress just handles the results. The fact that  the problem can exist in many forms and many places doesn't make the problem the same everywhere.

I think he is asking me to Install again.

Jason if I send by pm my details would you manually Install a new Wordpress for a fee? Lets see if its the auto Installers. I only use Images of around 480 x600, have one script for visitors and a multisite plugin language. These I will not put in because they want me to install nothing but the bare bones to see if it breaks down.

I think also they want me to upload Images before I post. and add them from the gallery.

Thanks!
D