Working out the package needed

Started by aura, July 28, 2013, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Hi

Thanks to Frank who gave me the information about your hosting service, i am truly glad that i went looking on the SMF forum, because i had no idea about "over selling" of hosting space and i learnt so much about things like that.

my question is, how do i know roughly what site hosting package to purchase? 

I own an avatar design site, which is on SMF for free, being there i have no access to the data base, unless i pay $50 for it, since the forum is less than 12 months old, i think i am better off just starting again, as i can copy all my resources section over.

the forum currently has 75 members and the most i see online at one time is around 15 members, is there a way i can work out what package i would need to purchase?

many thanks for taking the time to read this.

aura

Elements of Design - A Graphics Community, join us at elements-of-design.org

Jason

Quote from: aura on July 28, 2013, 10:17:26 AM
my question is, how do i know roughly what site hosting package to purchase? 

I own an avatar design site, which is on SMF for free, being there i have no access to the data base, unless i pay $50 for it, since the forum is less than 12 months old, i think i am better off just starting again, as i can copy all my resources section over.

the forum currently has 75 members and the most i see online at one time is around 15 members, is there a way i can work out what package i would need to purchase?

Thank you for your inquiry!

Can you post (or pm) a link to the site so I can get a better idea of what you have currently?

If you're running a site for hosting avatars, then you might use space quickly depending on the number of them you have online.  Also, if you're allowing people to link to them from other sites, your bandwidth needs would become a factor.

One thing to mention -- it's easy to upgrade if needed so you could always start out on one of the lower levels to see if that works and if you find you're needing to grow, we can upgrade.

Not sure if that helps?  :)

-Jason

aura

Jason

aura

thankyou for the most amazing service.

10 out of 10

wonderful