2009 Holiday GiveawayZ -- grand prize suggestions?

Started by Jason, December 07, 2009, 10:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the grand prize in the Holiday Giveawayz be?

Amazon Kindle with download gift certificate
4 (21.1%)
Wii Bundle
3 (15.8%)
XBox Bundle
3 (15.8%)
Roku Box with Netflix supscription
0 (0%)
Netbook (laptop)
13 (68.4%)
Other (post in the thread to have your suggestion added!)
1 (5.3%)
Added by request:  Amazon Gift Certficate
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Jason

New for our 2009 Holiday GiveawayZ, I'm offering one grand prize and I thought it would be cool to let you decide what it is.  :)

Please post your suggestions for the grand prize.  Based upon the feedback I get here, I will be creating a poll when the actual promo starts to allow everyone to vote throughout the contest timeframe on which item they'd like to be the final choice.  Then the winner gets what your votes select.    Seems fun, no?

Here's the rough guidelines -- price cannot exceed $500.  Ideally I'd like to get the prizes in the same dollar amount (roughly).  In other words, if you suggest a $200 iPod and someone suggests a $300 xBox combo, then nobody is going to vote for the cheaper iPod.  :)  So keep that in mind as you brainstorm...

My ideas so far...

- Some sort of Wii kit
- Some sort of xBox kit
- a Kindle (amazon) and maybe some credits
- Netflix Roku box with a prepaid service term (tbd)
...etc

HOWEVER...another possibility exists.  I said $500 max.  A side poll could be whether we do one $500 grand prize or two $250 grand prize winners...

Suggestions?

Edit:  Renamed promo from HolidayZ Giveaway to Holiday GiveawayZ.  :)

Mark

How about this:

1 Grand prize - Kindle (because that's what I would love a chance to win! ;)) currently $260 on Amazon
1 Second place - 16GB iPod Nano (since you said iPod made me think that might be a good choice) currently $166 on Amazon
1 Third place - $90 hosting credit!

That is, if you are trying to make it about $500 in prizes.

Jason

Quote from: Mark on December 08, 2009, 12:03:55 AM
How about this:

1 Grand prize - Kindle (because that's what I would love a chance to win! ;)) currently $260 on Amazon
1 Second place - 16GB iPod Nano (since you said iPod made me think that might be a good choice) currently $166 on Amazon
1 Third place - $90 hosting credit!

That is, if you are trying to make it about $500 in prizes.

Sorry, I don't think I made the original post clear --

The promotion will feature all sorts of drawings and prizes like we did two Summers back.

This thread is only for the "Grand Prize" which is something new that we didn't do last time.

So there will be plenty of options for cash and hosting credits at each level.  This thread is to determine what will make the poll for the one (or two) BIG grand prize(s).  :)

(edit:  fixed pluralization typo)

Mark

Ooooh, okay, sorry.

When you said two winners it messed up my train of thought. ;)

Then I'd say the Kindle. :)

Jason

Sounds great --  I've been hearing tons of buzz about the Kindle from my wife's family anyway -- I figured it would be a hot item regardless.  :)

What other grand prize items ... anyone?

Speak up before I choose them all for us!!  A year's supply of turnip greens?  Candied yams?

Mark

The Librarian

I vote for the kindle since they are now doing international versions :)

*points to name*  I love books... although you can also read them on netbooks quite well too :)

Thanks Jason, wonderful giveaway!
The Librarian

spinhead

An Amazon gift cert can be turned into a Kindle + books for those who want it, a Netbook for those who'd want that, or about a dozen CDs and business books for those of us who'd want that ;)

Jason

Quote from: spinhead on December 12, 2009, 09:47:36 AM
An Amazon gift cert can be turned into a Kindle + books for those who want it, a Netbook for those who'd want that, or about a dozen CDs and business books for those of us who'd want that ;)

100% true.  And I will add that to the list.  My thinking was that if I'm going to do a gift certificate, why not just do cash since that's kinda the same thing?  (And we already offer a different set of cash prizes). 

I thought it might be fun to try a twist where we all vote on a tangible item but ultimately your votes will decide.  :)

uk2us88

netbooks are terrible. Plus I want the Xbox :) when should I pick it up?

Jason

Quote from: uk2us88 on December 14, 2009, 09:21:01 PM
netbooks are terrible. Plus I want the Xbox :) when should I pick it up?

Netbooks are great -- I have two :)

texasflats

Paradise can be found on the Texas Flats

CountryLady

I'd like to place my three votes :P on the Amazon.com Gift Card. That would be like winning the lottery. It could be put toward anything, even add more $$$ to get something MORE expensive, or a lot of little things. Everyone would get what they wanted. woohoo~!

Jason, I think you're incredible to do these giveaways. Most hosting customers just wish for a decent hosting experience, but YOU give us extraordinary service, features and prices, PLUS giveawayZ~! Great Scott man, I LOVE this place. :-*

Oh, and you even communicate with us yourself via email and in forums.  8) 

Thanks, ...for ALL you do.

...CL
Chance favors the prepared. Come join us at OurCountryHaven.

Jason

I have locked the poll in this thread -- the drawing is tonight.

I will let the winner select between the top two votes -- a netbook or a kindle with gift certificate.  We'll make the value of either the same.  Thanks!