SMF (Simple Machines Forum) thread

Started by Jason, September 30, 2003, 12:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

That's what I thought too because I have received one from time to time, but lately I haven't.

Jason

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 is out as of last night.

Preview it In action here as of now...

Full announcement here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50247.0

Mark

I remember seeing a topic where someone was having trouble marking topics read, but I'm too lazy to look :P

Anyways, I found out that the earlier builds of SMF 1.1 RC1 had some issues with marking things read, so you may want to try re-downloading a package sometime today or when you get a chance and uploading the new files. That may help :)

Jason

Just replacing the actual smf files without rerunning anything?

I assumed the errors were within the theme coding?

Mark

I assume you don't have to run the upgrade.php but it would hurt anything to try.

Quote from: Jason on October 03, 2005, 10:24:53 AM
I assumed the errors were within the theme coding?

AFAIK it's actually a problem with the originall RC1. However if the above doesn't work then I'm wrong :-X

Jason

I'll give it a shot replacing files only and go from there... Thanks!

Jason

I just recopied the rc1 upgrade package (latest upgrade build but not the full install) and reran the upgrade without any change.  Think I need to overwrite with the full install package?

Mark

Hrm... I will have to get back to you on that. I would imagine that all the packages are the same.

Mark

Jason, might I suggest using the default theme for now untill this one gets updated. There's A LOT of features you are missing with this dated theme ;)

For example, on the board index, if you click the icons that turn to color when there's a new post, it shows all the new posts in that board. This theme doesn't have it ;)

Jason

I'm going to try to take a look at it all tonight or this weekend.  I think it may have been re-released recently by A.M.A. 

Regards,
Jason

Jason

I've switched us to Bloc's Themis theme until our normal one is updated by A.M.A.

-Jason

Jason

Jason

The forum (here) has been upgraded now.

I have switched everyone to the default new theme while I make some changes.

The new version is conflicting with the Themis theme we were using so until that's updated, I'll modify this one a bit for fun.

-Jason

Mark

Jason

From SMF:

Unfortunately, since the release of RC2 last week, a nasty bug has surfaced which has the potential to cause serious server load problems on any medium to large forum. This problem will occur on any forum using the Calendar to show upcoming Birthdays. It is *highly* recommended that all Charter Members running RC2 perform a very quick update to ensure your forum is not negatively effected by this problem. To fix the issue simply upload the attached file to your forums' Sources directory.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Simple Machines

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=62297.0

Make sure you update this if it applies to you.

Thanks,
Jason