Server Too Busy...

Started by tmlfever, September 04, 2007, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmlfever

Jason,

I'm getting this error when trying to get on my forum...

QuoteServer Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Do you know why this is happening?

Mark

This is a side note to your forum as I don't know if it's related...

Is there a reason why you are running SMF 1.1 RC2 and not 1.1.3? There are a lot of bugs fixed and security holes patched after that Release Client you are running.

Jason

That's on *my* server?

What's the bottom part about MS .net and asp?  Our servers don't support either so I'm a bit confused.

tmlfever

Quote from: Killer Possum on September 04, 2007, 11:23:16 PM
This is a side note to your forum as I don't know if it's related...

Is there a reason why you are running SMF 1.1 RC2 and not 1.1.3? There are a lot of bugs fixed and security holes patched after that Release Client you are running.

I guess this question was directed at me. I am running 1.1.3.

tmlfever

Quote from: Jason on September 05, 2007, 06:59:39 AM
That's on *my* server?

What's the bottom part about MS .net and asp?  Our servers don't support either so I'm a bit confused.

Now I'm lost...

That was the error message in full that showed up...  :-[

Jason

Quote from: tmlfever on September 05, 2007, 08:33:42 AM
That's on *my* server?

Now I'm lost...

Is there a link and way for me to recreate this?

Mark

Quote from: tmlfever on September 05, 2007, 08:32:05 AMI guess this question was directed at me. I am running 1.1.3.

Oh, I only asked because the website listed in your profile has a link to this forum: http://www.torontosportstalk.net/

BTW, I didn't mean to sidetrack this topic, sorry!  :-X

tmlfever

Quote from: Jason on September 05, 2007, 08:45:27 AM
Quote from: tmlfever on September 05, 2007, 08:33:42 AM
That's on *my* server?

Now I'm lost...

Is there a link and way for me to recreate this?

No, I wish there was.

I just typed in www.TMLForum.net in the browser and that's the error screen I got; even after several attempts. Now it corrected itself and has been fine ever since.

tmlfever

Quote from: Killer Possum on September 05, 2007, 10:47:55 AM
Quote from: tmlfever on September 05, 2007, 08:32:05 AMI guess this question was directed at me. I am running 1.1.3.

Oh, I only asked because the website listed in your profile has a link to this forum: http://www.torontosportstalk.net/

BTW, I didn't mean to sidetrack this topic, sorry!  :-X

Actually, that's my bad... Thanks for the input...

Jason

I confirmed that there's no way you could've received that error from any of our servers -- none of them are MS-based.

Is it possible you had something cached or a local host file that pulled an incorrect page momentarily?

Is there any content on your site that's being pulled from somewhere else?

tmlfever

Quote from: Jason on September 05, 2007, 01:58:58 PM
I confirmed that there's no way you could've received that error from any of our servers -- none of them are MS-based.

Is it possible you had something cached or a local host file that pulled an incorrect page momentarily?

Is there any content on your site that's being pulled from somewhere else?

Hummm... good point, I'll have to check...

dania

Can I add to this as its the same subject?

I just installed a new SMF and the message I got is this:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I have an SMF at another host and although its extremely slow at least it comes, I put the slowness down to my other host not Jason's. Jason's version of SMF is 1.1.2 but I doubt that has anything to do with the error message, or the fact that SMF won't show.

I will keep trying to get to the page.
:)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

The server you're on should definitely not be busy.  :)

Are you sure the Settings.php file is using the proper database settings?

Are you getting that message randomly or is that the only message you get?

dania

Hi Jason,

For your records it was after both installations, one SMF which I like because its the only software I can upgrade myself the other was as you know Wordpress.

You have since I do believe sorted it out now and I have the Wordpress...what a star is our Jason!

;D
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jason

No problem.  The server needed it's fantastico license updated (it was returning errors) and installations it was doing weren't including any database tables even though it returned "successful" messages when trying.

I don't know if that was a security feature they had or just a coincidence but after upgrading, it seems to be functioning properly once again.

Cheers