August 3, 2014 :: Thunderbolt - Scheduled Datacenter Network Maintenance

Started by Jason, July 29, 2014, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

This post is specifically for server Thunderbolt.

This server sits in a section of the datacenter where they've been working on dramatically improving the network.  They are set to switch the existing network to the improved one on August 3 starting at 2am Eastern. 

If you have an account on Thunderbolt, you may see some slowness as well as some periods of outage during their maintenance window. 

This upgrade has been in planning for quite some time (they already rescheduled it once to ensure they were fully prepared) so I hope it should be fairly quick.

We have rescheduled the final stages of restoring and improving network redundancy with maintenance on US Central Zone B for August 3rd, 2014, beginning at 2:00AM (EDT). As a reminder, this work will likely lead to momentary interruptions in service for customers hosted in this Zone. The maintenance window is still predicted to span from 2-4 hours and will ultimately improve network stability as well as restore the ability to maintain backups.

I will post this to our Status Page and will email all customers on Thunderbolt tomorrow so they are aware.

Thank you,
Jason

-------
edit: Marking resolved/complete.

Jason

An email was just sent to all customers with accounts on Thunderbolt notifying them of this posting.

Regards,
Jason

Jason

The initial phase of this network maintenance was performed on Sunday without any detected downtime according to Pingdom (our monitoring service).

There will be a further phase at a later date.  Once I have that date available, I'll post it to our forum and email customers on this server again.

Thank you!

Regards,
Jason

Jason

Quote from: Jason on August 04, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
There will be a further phase at a later date.  Once I have that date available, I'll post it to our forum and email customers on this server again.

There was additional maintenance overnight last night and I've been advised we won't need to schedule anything further at this time. 

Thanks,
Jason