Questions re: setup

Started by CountryLady, March 31, 2006, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountryLady

Hi again Jason, I'm about ready to 'come on down' to Charlottezweb. 8)
I think I'll be most happy with the Advanced Package, at least for now.
We can back down later if that level of service isn't needed.

One question is, can I begin services with Charlottezweb and work on my site here, by ip or something, before any change to my DNS numbers?

Next questions... Do you help with transferring the entire site to Charlottezweb; is there a fee for this; where would I change the DNS numbers when I'm ready to 'go live' from Charlottezweb server?

Finally, what else should I be asking you?  :o :D

Thanks so much for your helpfulness.

Chance favors the prepared. Come join us at OurCountryHaven.

Jason

Hello!  Please see below...

Quote from: CountryLady on March 31, 2006, 12:56:59 PM
One question is, can I begin services with Charlottezweb and work on my site here, by ip or something, before any change to my DNS numbers?

Yes, you will be able to access your site via the IP address and your username, however, it may be necessary to account for that in your code.  In other words, if you are running any scripts that rely on your domain name, you'll have to alter them to use the IP or server path to ensure they display properly.

Next questions... Do you help with transferring the entire site to Charlottezweb; is there a fee for this; where would I change the DNS numbers when I'm ready to 'go live' from Charlottezweb server?

Sure, I can help with any move.  No fees involved.

As for your dns changes, that's done with your registrar.  Wherever you ordered your domain in other words.  They should offer the ability to control your nameservers within their control panel.

Hmm...that's a tough one  :D  Not sure I can help you there!

Cheers,
Jason

CountryLady

Quote from: Jason on March 31, 2006, 01:12:44 PM
As for your dns changes, that's done with your registrar.

:-[ Of COURSE, getting 'older' is its own brand of insanity. ::)

QuoteHmm...that's a tough one  :D  Not sure I can help you there!

ROFL... Smart man~!

So when when would you like to do the transfer...? As long as it works with your work load & weekend, tomorrow would be fine with me, or today if you'd prefer. Next week will do if needed. I'll go sign up for three months of Advanced Plan now, but make it easy on yourself. :)

Jason

I might be able to do it as early as tonight.  If not, I can definitely do it sometime this weekend.

Whenever you're ready to order, if you can email me your present account information and what all you have installed, that will let me judge what's involved.

CountryLady

Just a note to say everything is working very well.  8)

Thank you for your helpful assistance. :)

Jason

Quote from: CountryLady on April 03, 2006, 04:16:17 AM
Just a note to say everything is working very well.  8)

Thank you for your helpful assistance. :)

Great - Glad to hear it!  Enjoy!