Main Menu

Games??

Started by Jason, December 01, 2007, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Not that I have any time to spare but after I rebuilt my pc a few weeks back, I splurged and bought a few new games...

1.  Half Life 2, Episode 2:    I LOVE Half Life.  I've been playing Half Life and Counterstrike since someone told me about it in 2000.  I'm not kidding.  Anyway, they released Episode 2 about 2-3 months ago and I started playing it on my old computer.  It's way better on my new one but I haven't played it more than about 30 minutes so far because I bought....

2.  Call of Duty 4:  OMG, this is by far the most amazing of the series.  This was a true test of my new pc and it smokes it.  Fast load times and some of the most amazing fps action I've seen to date.  In fact, Crysis is supposed to be the most amazing thing since sliced toast and I have to say it's pretty close.  But, for the combo of graphics *AND* gameplay I have to give it to...

3.  Crysis:  I bought this yesterday and played it about an hour.  Not only does it bring some new excitement to the fps arena with some new concepts (the nanosuit that allows you to channel power to several different things including cloaking), the environment is AMAZING.  I bought Far Cry when Ubisoft released it years ago and so I knew this would be a great game.  It didn't let me down.  The graphics are astounding.  I can't do it justice through a text description.  Honestly.  And that's with me playing it on "high" -- it goes to "very high."  What's funny is that my new pc -- as high-end as I think it is -- shows up with "medium" being their optimal settings.  And we're talking 4gigs, amd 6400, 8800GT w/ 512mb!!  That's hysterical.

Anyway, I'm throwing my 2 cents in for any of the games above.  I tend to buy one game a year -- if that -- and all of these were well worth it.

Mark

Oh man I have those first 2 games and I absolutely love them. Though I have CoD4 for the Xbox 360. I've beat it twice now and I'm trying to work my way through the Veteran setting. Man is that hard!

As far as Crysis is concerned, from what I've heard, the only thing "Very High" can be used on is Windows Vista and DX10.

Jason

Quote from: Killer Possum on December 03, 2007, 02:19:39 PM
As far as Crysis is concerned, from what I've heard, the only thing "Very High" can be used on is Windows Vista and DX10.

Ah, that makes me feel a bit better then.  :) 

Have you completed HL2, Ep 2?   I stopped playing where the striders are walking in groups towards the base and you have to shoot them all down using the gravity gun and the stick-on explosive energy thingys.

Mark

No unfortunately I have not finished it yet. It's a shame too because it's a very good game! I pulled my back on a hunting trip over the weekend so now that I'm home for the day, I'm going to try to play through a few games I need to finish. :)