COMPLETE - Tsunami :: It's time to upgrade!

Started by Jason, April 30, 2014, 06:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Greetings from Charlottezweb,

We're in the process of upgrading several of our older servers and migrating them to newer, more powerful configurations. 

Tsunami is one we're targeting presently (along with Tempest and Supercell) to migrate to our newer servers.

What's needed from you?

If I don't hear from you in advance, the plan will be to migrate your site this coming weekend of May 10-11, 2014  UPDATE:  May 31-June 1.

I will handle the migration for you but I will need your help in the following areas:

1.  If you have a specific timeframe requirement, please contact me immediately so we can work on scheduling it.
2.  If you run a dynamic site (such as a forum or database-driven site where it's updated constantly, contact me so we can figure out a gameplan to minimize impact.
3.  If your site is using custom code or scripts that haven't been updated in several years, it may not function properly on current versions of PHP and/or MySQL.  Please contact me asap to discuss if this may be the case.  There may be a temporary workaround but upgrading your site will likely be required.
4.  If you manage your domain name, you will need to update your nameservers to the new ones after the move is complete to ensure your site doesn't go offline once Tsunami is retired.

Please reach out to me if you're flexible with your move day and/or to coordinate any specifics you need.  I'll of course do my best to accommodate everyone's needs but this move needs to happen quickly to coordinate with larger cPanel security updates we have in flight.

The current plan is to power down Tsunami on June 14 so I need your assistance asap. 

As always, thank you for your business and I look forward to upgrading your site to a more powerful experience!

Cheers,
Jason

---------
edit: fixed grammatical typo, adjusted migration forward back a few weeks
---------
edit: June 17, marking thread completed.

Jason

An email has been sent to all customers on Tsunami tonight advising that we need to migrate them  this coming weekend in advance of the server retirement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jason

^ChYmAiL^GTX

Hi John. No problem with forotcu.com.ar except for domain. Domain nic.ar site has changed for argentina i see now... i have to do some work...

Jason

Quote from: ^ChYmAiL^GTX on May 29, 2014, 05:55:36 PM
Hi John. No problem with forotcu.com.ar except for domain. Domain nic.ar site has changed for argentina i see now... i have to do some work...

Your account has been moved.  I'll email you directly in a moment.

I'm more than halfway through the rest of the moves and have been emailing each customer as I go.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason

Reminder that per previous direct emails (and this forum thread), Tsunami will be retired this coming weekend on Saturday June 14.

If you were on that server and received instructions on updating your nameservers, please ensure this has been completed so your services are  not disrupted.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason

Marking this retirement complete.

Thank you