Oct 1, 2014 :: Scheduled reboots; Multiple Servers

Started by Jason, September 29, 2014, 05:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I just received notification from one of our datacenters that they will be upgrading a component of the software infrastructure that runs many of our servers.  Their maintenance is scheduled to occur over the next 72 hoursUpdate:  The maintenance is scheduled for October 1 between 1am - 8am Eastern.  As they complete their upgrades, they will be rebooting our servers listed below. 

Avalanche
Blackice
Deluge
Heatwave
Sandstorm
Thundersnow
Wildfire

Each reboot should typically take 5-10 minutes to complete.  Worst case, it may be closer to 30 if a file system check becomes required.

I will update this thread if I hear further details or anything more specific around exact times.

Thank you,
Jason

---------------
Update:  We received notice just now that these reboots should occur overnight tonight -- starting approximately around 1am to conclude by 8am Eastern, October 1, 2014.

Update:  Marking complete.

Jason

Update as of 2:45am Eastern:

Blackice and Sandstorm have completed.

Avalanche is in progress.  It's been down approx 30 minutes -- I have the datacenter looking into it now.

Jason

Jason

Wildfire and Thundersnow are complete.

2 servers remain.

Jason

Deluge is the last server still pending a reboot.  Once it's complete (at some point within the next four hours), all servers impacted by today's scheduled maintenance will be complete.