IMAP & Outlook 2013

Started by wlchase, January 04, 2016, 10:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlchase

Is ti possible to set up IMAP for accessing our website emails using Outlook 2013? Everything looks OK when I follow the 2010 POP version, but setting IMAP instead of POP, but no mail ever shows up.

TIA!
Bill

Jason

Hi Bill,

Yes, IMAP is fully supported.

Are you configuring the settings manually? 

What I typically do is login to cPanel, click on "Email Accounts" and then click on "Configure Mail Client" next to the mailbox in question.  On the bottom half of the resulting page, it has the "Manual Settings" that you'd want to use.  Depending on whether you use SSL (which I highly recommend) or not, there are different hostnames and ports to use.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Jason

wlchase

I  did try those settings, which were a bit different than what I had, but still no joy. Accepted the certificates, too!

I've attached a capture of the two settings pages, if that helps.

It passes the tests Outlook does just fine, so I'm stumped!

Thanks again!
Bill

Jason

Are you getting any error messages?

wlchase

No error messages, nothing in the event logs.

Jason

This may be a silly question but I assume the mailbox you're connecting to has email in it on the server?  If not, you won't see anything.

It may be better to investigate this directly (via email or a support ticket) so I can potentially try to recreate this on my end.  I'm running Outlook 2013 myself so I could try to duplicate what you're seeing.

I'll email you directly now and we can proceed from there if that works?

Cheers,
Jason