April 8, 2008 :: Tsunami forming near you...

Started by Jason, April 08, 2008, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I'm working on setting up our newest server -- "Tsunami"

This thing is powerful.

Intel Dual quad-core Harpertown 5405.  If you're a techie, go look up some performance benchmarks.  It's smoking fast.

In fact, Tempest is pretty close in comparison for raw computing power.  It is also a dual quad-core (which is recognized by the operating system as 8 individual processors).  Based on the general rule of thumb for server loads, you should aim to have about 1.0 as your load per server processor.  So in other words, Tempest or Tsunami could operate near a load of 8 and be considered to be at a stable level.  Instead, Tempest generally runs around 0.5 to 1.0.  And Tsunami should benchmark around 50% more powerful than that! 

I don't think you're going to find many shared hosts offering this amount of power at this price bracket!

(Check out the "What is Load" thread if you're interested).

I hope to have this box in production in the next week.  I'm considering running some promotions or deals around that time so if you have any hosting needs approaching or know anyone who does, please spread the word. 

(And be sure to take advantage of the affiliate program to earn yourself some cash!)  :)

Mark

dania

Its not I am not interested lolol

I just leave the tech stuff to others.. ;D long as my WP is running, and my SMF thats luverly so yea congrats on your new toy..ahahahahahaha

Have fun!

;D
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.