How to repair a database in cPanel

Started by Jason, February 27, 2017, 06:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Sometimes in the event of a service failure, a mysql database can become corrupted due to a partial save or lack of a save when the crash occurs. When this occurs, you may see errors (depending on the type of scripts you're using on your site) that show mysql errors or perhaps errors connecting to your database.

Normally this can be sorted by running a repair on the database in question in cPanel.  To do this:

1. Login to cPanel and click on the "MySQL databases" icon.
2. Select the database you'd like to repair under the "Modify Databases" section under "Repair Database" field.  [See below]

3. Click the "Repair Database" button.

Depending on the size of your database, that could take a few seconds to a minute or more to run.  It will give you the results once completed.

Regards,
Jason

aura

Hi Jason

I did this repair before I read your email.  It didnt work for me, so I figured it was something I had done, my site is still saying

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Not sure if i have messed it up now. 

Elements of Design - A Graphics Community, join us at elements-of-design.org

Jason

From what I'm seeing, your SMF Settings.php file is pointed to a database that doesn't exist.  Have you changed that file or removed a database by chance?

We can keep troubleshooting via your ticket if you'd like.

Regards,
Jason

aura

sneaks in all red faced like the naughty girl who got caught with her fingers in the candy jar...

am i the worst customer you have Jason? 

in my fixing i did a big opps.... thank you for just being simply amazing, your a wonderful host.

Jason

Heh - no worries.  :)

You're very welcome.

Cheers,
Jason

aura