Charlottezweb

Database and Installs

Discussion started on Support

Jason,

I got a brand new zip from Wordpress to try and manual a site test myself, I need to learn how to.

I put the zip and the opened dierectory through my Eset scanner, no known bad stuff.

I ftp it to a folder I created before hand:

I used the wizard which is exact you have in your tuts but I did it myself via the wizard first and used your tut to check my steps were correct, they were.

So up went the files to my test folder, transferred ok via ftp..

Problems:

Install.php help file opened in broweser as I am supposed to reported:

There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file.

There is a wp-config-sample.php; (are we supposed to rename that to wp-config.php) ?

So that did'nt go any further. :'(

I then went to the database and see that my test database is empty of tables and I have no idea what to do now.

Thanks
#1 - September 08, 2013, 06:19:30 AM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Install.php help file opened in broweser as I am supposed to reported:

There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file.

That's normal.  It should ask if you want it to create it for you as the next step.
#2 - September 08, 2013, 07:18:03 AM

It did,

What about the empty databases Jason?
#3 - September 08, 2013, 12:45:26 PM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It will populate the database after the wp-config file is created and you provide the database connection settings.   I believe that's basically the last step of the install.
#4 - September 08, 2013, 02:00:58 PM

Ok Jason, thanks!

;D
#5 - September 08, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Jason, I did it, Installed a test manually,

You were right about the database.

Its my first success..chuffed to mint balls so I tweeted as well... :) ;)

Now over next  week I am going to lose Kate's place, also bluenwhite and do brand new manual installs.
#6 - September 08, 2013, 03:14:02 PM
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:15:47 PM by dania »

Glad to hear you figured it out -- have fun!  :D
#7 - September 08, 2013, 04:10:55 PM

:D I tried for years...sweet!

I reckon if I can do it for  Wordpress I can do on other software, just a bit different maybe.

Have a great day.
 :D

#8 - September 09, 2013, 02:48:53 AM

Members: