Request Feedback on Affiliate benefits

Started by Jason, May 25, 2004, 04:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please read the first post below and vote on your favorite choice.

Percentage based
Upfront payout
Free hosting account
Free hosting upgrades

Jason

As stated in the "All-client email" (going out this evening), we're ready to release our affiliate program for users who have more than one account or refer new customers to Charlottezweb hosting.

Along these lines, there are different affiliate incentives we can offer and I'd like some feedback on what you'd most prefer:

1)  Monthly percentage of referral acount
If someone signs up with you as the referrer, you would get a percentage of their monthly hosting fee.  Payouts would be by check or paypal.  They would be sent after a certain payout level is reached.  As a fictious example, if you earned $2.00/month for a Premium account we wouldn't send you a check until you reached a certain amount, like $20 or so.  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this would be paid for the lifetime of their account with Charlottezweb, though I'd have to check to make sure.

2)  Upfront payout per account
With this approach, if someone signed up for a specific account with you as the referrer, after a specific amount of time, 30-60 days for example, you would be paid a flat rate by check or paypal.

Both options above will be trackable through your Charlottezweb Client Login off of the main website.  (Not inside your cpanel)

3)  Free hosting as incentive
Another option would involve earning a free account per every 2 or 3 accounts you refer.  If you got two friends to sign up, you'd get your own account free, for example.  The free account would be of a value no greater than that of the lowest package ordered between the ones in question.  In other words, you couldn't order 2 Special packages and get a free Premium package.  However, if you ordered 2 Premium packages, the third one would be free.

4) Free hosting upgrades on your current account
This option would involve partial account upgrades, based on referrals.  Perhaps we could raise your storage or bandwidth or upgrade you to the next hosting package at no additional charge based on referring a new subscriber. 

Please provide any feedback on what you'd like to see us provide you.  It's possible we can provide a combination of some of the options above if we get enough feedback on this.  This poll will not display you the results until your vote is cast.

Thank you for your time!
-Jason

Mack Bolan

Any decision on this?.(sorry for resurrecting an old thread).
I'm also thinking of doing the "affiliate" thing with Sirius radio, but I want to wait and see how the site developes first.

Jason

No updates presently, though it is on my "to do now" list.  I've had a few others ask about it so I will try to address it this week.

Regards,
Jason

Jason

I'm presently looking into a script-based solution that would integrate into our current system.  If we go that route, I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks,
Jason

restino

hello,

anything become of this?

also if we bought two accounts ourseles would we get a third free? i was thinking of using gocrappy but then i saw this comment here.

nice smily pack btw. clean and crips. is it located somewhere that we could get it for out smf site?

thanks!

Jason

Quote from: restino on February 17, 2006, 10:47:21 PM
hello,

anything become of this?

also if we bought two accounts ourseles would we get a third free? i was thinking of using gocrappy but then i saw this comment here.

nice smily pack btw. clean and crips. is it located somewhere that we could get it for out smf site?

thanks!

Hi,

I believe the smileys are either stock or I found them on the forum there.  I can share them either way -- as far as I know they're open domain.

As for the affiliate program, right now it's still not finalized.  The reason is that I'm doing an upgrade of the Charlottezweb backend order system.  There's a new verison out that has caused problems each time I tried to upgrade.  I'm waiting for it to become a little more stable before I upgrade again.  As soon as that's set, I'll build the affiliate/referral system into it.

I did email all clients a week or so back to ensure everyone that this is definitely on my list -- has been for awhile now unfortunately, but I can't act until the software is first good to go.

So for now, I can't offer a buy 2 get one free yet, but it's possible it could come down the road.  That was just a possible option I threw out there -- nothing guaranteed at this time.  If you have special needs for accounts, feel free to email and we'll see what's possible. 

Cheers,
Jason